Friday, October 14, 2011

Sealed magazines and paper towels

When standing in line at the grocery store down here, you can't flip through the magazines.

They're sealed.

I'm not sure if the benefits of having a pristine magazine available for customers outweighs the possible sales due to people flipping through and getting hooked on an article or photo spread, then tossing it on the conveyor belt to buy because it's time to go.

Incidentally, isn't that an awesome piece of pop art in the center of their wall? I SO want to get one of those of me and Otto! Big bright Brazilian colors and symbols with US in the center! I think it would be a nice memento of our stay here. (Not that we're going anywhere - we just got here.) Plus, I think the very white walls that I'm surrounded by are starting to grate on my nerves. Our stuff STILL hasn't left Canada yet, in case anyone was wondering.


And does liking these paper towels make me a bad person?

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe your furniture hasn't arrived - it will be more than exciting when it finally does - Just sat at a magazine rack in the grocery store yesterday and looked at a magazines when all 3 of mine are in school - I wouldn't normally buy this magazine so I'm not sure if it was closed would deter me

    ReplyDelete