Sunday, January 27, 2013

The Book's on the Table

Our favorite commercials nowadays are for an online English course.  The premise is that one of the fellows is doing very well with the course, and his sidekick buddy is eternally trying to convince him that he's learning English just fine without the online course.

This was the first one we saw that made us giggle.


This one had us singing "The Book's on the Table" for weeks! The song was produced several years ago (tongue-in-cheek, I think) because this is one of the first phases learned by Brazilians learning English. 




Here's the latest one that's been on.

 

As I was looking these up I saw there is a series playing in Argentina with two other fellas, speaking Spanish of course.  I'm rather fond of our goofy Brazilian guy; it's what you're used to, I suppose.  :o)

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious!! My daughter (she's five) and I always laugh at one that's on television in which the woman who has supposedly learned English online has the worst pronunciation. These are great.

    ReplyDelete